In Haines Alaska this is a good time to be on hold. A great time to turn off the TV, computer and phone, and ignore all the bad news. In Haines, Spring is the most exciting time of the year, when everything begins to emerge. The days are getting longer and the sun is feeling stronger. The bears are making an appearance on local beaches and their prints are left in the sand at low tide. The hooligan and herring return to spawn and this is followed by a large explosion of sea birds, marine mammals and whales. This is the time of the season when we can ride our bikes or drive out the roads that line the sides of the rivers and fjords to watch it all happen, close up, before our eyes. The sights, smells and sounds of Spring in Haines make this my favorite place to be in the world. This Spring, all we have to do is wait and watch.
- Is Alaska Open Yet?
- Spring Whales
- Alaska Fjordlines has been serving the independent traveler for 30 years. We are here waiting for you.
- Hang on world & sing along to your favorite sailing songs……
- We will be here for you.
- Get the Whales to Yourselves! See Alaska without the cruise ships and crowds!
- Welcome Aboard the Fjordland! Sailing the waters of Lynn Canal for 30 years serving the Independent Traveler.
- Baked Alaska!
- Ride the Fjord Express to Juneau. Experience the “ALASK Ahhhhh” you came for.
- WWW. Waterfalls, Whales, Wildlife……Wonderful